BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Captain's Log: Day 11 - Day in Killarney

Today we had a free day in the lovely little town of Killarney.

The day started with the traditional Irish breakfast. I think that is the one thing I will miss from this trip -- full breakfast every morning.

After breakfast, a group of us decided to be tourists and to hit all the local shops. I had already filled my quota for gifts and luggage space so I did not buy anything although several items caught my eye.
Frankie and I went exploring in the sporting goods shops and saw some amazing English Premier league jerseys, Rugby national team jerseys, and even local GAA jerseys. The Munster Authentic Rugby jersey was calling my name but I did the responsible thing and did not purchase it.

We then stopped at a local sandwich shop and got some amazing freshly grilled paninis and took them to Killarney National Park for a picnic in the park. The picnic in the park turned into a photoshoot across the beautiful scenery of Killarney.
After the park, we went back to the room and relaxed for an hour or two before we went out to find ourselves some dinner. We ended up eating one of our best meals of the trip at this small but very nice restaurant. I got myself some lasagna that was to die for.

Ice cream followed dinner and then we just went back to the hotel to blog, talk, and relax. It was a very peaceful day.

0 comments: